Faithful Families: Eating Smart & Moving More
A FREE 10-WEEK COURSE for HTS students as well as the greater Salisbury/ Rowan community clergy/leadership.
Led by Cabarrus Health Alliance professionals at Hood Seminary, 1810 Lutheran Synod Drive, Salisbury, NC
September-November 2017 with 2 schedule options
Who should attend? Hood Seminary students and Community Clergy/Leadership.
These classes will help you transform your physical, mental and spiritual health!
- Learn to plan, shop for, and prepare healthy meals for your family
- Discover delicious, healthy, family-friendly recipes
- Explore simple ways to be physically active
- Talk about the connections between food, physical activity and faith
- Learn about community resources to support the health of your congregation
Classes will be held at Hood Seminary, Room 320. Choose from one of two 10-week sessions.
Option 1: Thursdays: 9:30-10:45am
Dates: September 7th, 14th , 21st , 28th;
October 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, and
November 2nd, 9th
Option 2: Saturdays: 9:30-10:45pm
Dates: September 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th,
October 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and November 4th, 11th
Once you complete the course, you will have access to additional trainings held at Hood Seminary to help you support the integration of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management education into your ministry.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE is Friday, September 1st